DANGER!!! Problems with 10.04 installer (RAID devices *will* get corrupted)

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Thu Apr 22 13:57:28 UTC 2010

Christopher Chan wrote:
>> Please, tell me you understand now.
>>

> Oh I understand that the installer is messing up stuff but people here
> are saying that nah, it's a borky fakeraid controller you have because
> of the #191119 link.

No, what we're saying is that the bug in 191119 is something completely
different to what is being reported, (and indeed, 191119 is in no way a
Ubuntu bug, it's just simply fact that without the windows proprietary
drivers, hard drives on those controllers will be seen by the os as
individual HD's and not part of an array, and making any change to the
HD, including installing the bootloader, will break it. deal)

Until Andrew and Alvin get that through their heads, it's difficult to
have any meaningful discussion or even able to triage their bug report
properly, since it's completely different and unrelated.