Which dot-matrix printer will work on my Ubuntu 9.10 machine - Old Hardware Warning

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Thu Apr 22 03:24:53 UTC 2010

On 04/21/2010 11:02 PM, Rashkae wrote:
> There are few reasons to use dot matrix printers anymore besides support
> for the plethora of legacy software.  Sure, carbon copy is oft. cited,
> but I seriously doubt carbon copy paper is less expensive than simply
> spitting out 2 copies collated.  While it's true that lots of things
> have taken me by surprise over the years, I would be floored to find
> someone actually manufacturing a dot matrix printer that doesn't support
> the legacy emulation.  (ps, all the epson usb dot matrix printers I see
> also support at least parallel, and sevleral models, serial. )

[snip]

I don't know of any dot matrix printers being made today. Most of that
tech.
was replaced by band printers......132 column stuff. Home and small office
dot matrix printers died a long time ago.

Fred

--
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a
chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders." - Larry Elder