Getting rid of 'balloons'

Karl Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 21:23:03 UTC 2010

On 04/20/2010 02:14 PM, NoOp wrote:
> On 04/20/2010 01:02 PM, NoOp wrote:

>>>           I did not change anything about run application, period. I
>>> cannot find anything called "run application" on 10.04 that I can find.
>>> I will look at the synaptic file manger and see if it has anything.
>>>
>> Try from a terminal:
>>
>> $ gconf-editor

     This works just fine.
>> And for Alt+F2; check System|Preferences|Keyboard Shortcuts
>> you should see an entry for 'Show the panel's "Run Application" dialog
>> box' and keyboard shortcut Alt+F2.
         This is exactly as you show it. I fooled around and by clicking
on the Show.. I clicked on it and got a place to edit that line. It had
a panel where I can change it from true or false. But this does not work
right. It is false now. I changed it to true. I then checked it again
and it had changed back to false.

     So not sure what is wrong because I can't even get balloon's!

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User