Problems installing 10.04-beta2

Edgars Šmits ed.smits at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 18:13:58 UTC 2010

I need to install a new hard disk on my Dell laptop, so I thought I
might as well try 10.04-beta2 for AMD64 before I swap drives, just to
see how it runs. I downloaded the iso file, made a USB startup key,
and rebooted. Up comes the Ubuntu start asking if I want to do a LIVE
test, click yes, and the system starts to boot. After the initial
kernel load the screen screws up - basically the screen shows large
white bars with some black interspersed. Keeps loading, I hear the
desktop finish loading with the familiar sound, but my screen is still
f----ed up and I can get no response to any keyboard activity.

I did an MD5 check, image is OK. Any ideas?

iso=ubuntu-10.04-beta2-desktop-amd64.iso
Dell Inspiron 1501
ATI Radeon Xpress 200M

Thanks

ED

--
R.U. Sirius: I used to take a lot of acid. Now I'm older, I take a lot
of antacid.