Iceland volcanic ash and my PC

Chan Chung Hang Christopher christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Mon Apr 19 13:33:33 UTC 2010

>> About a year ago I had a Dell Service Tech replace the Dell PC fans ,
>> filters and a few other bits and pieces : due to the fact that the PC
>> was crashing due to high Temperature.

Is your PC holed up in a part of a desk or something? That is, besides
it having sufficient fan power, is there room for the hot air to
disperse and not be cycled back into the case?

>> His recommendation was to blow high pressure purified air into fan
>> intakes.

I'd love to get my hands on such gear to destroy my fans. Then I will
have an excuse to get ones with ball bearings.

> Neither method is particularly effective compared to removing the case and
> cleaning with a brush.

I would add use a vacuum (low powered) inside the case too.