Merge two small disks into one large

Luis Paulo luis.barbas at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 21:16:12 UTC 2010

May I suggest you leaving things as they are on the old disks,
And install a new, fresh, sparkling, linux on the new disk?

You will be able to boot to the new system or to any of the older. Grub will
do that automatically for you, right?
And you'll be able to access data of the old systems from the new.

Leave some free space. After you may copy your XP to the new disk, really
don't see why, can't help you there :),  or just create a NTFS partition
that XP may use to store your data.

Just another thought. If you eventually free the old disks, remember they
are still good to do raid. 0, 1 or both, storing what, it depends on their
condition and speeds.

Regards