Which dot-matrix printer will work on my Ubuntu 9.10 machine - Old Hardware Warning

Ioannis Vranos cppdeveloper at ontelecoms.gr
Thu Apr 15 14:11:54 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-15 at 16:39 +0300, Ioannis Vranos wrote:

> So if there isn't a driver for your specific models, check their manuals
> or the Internet for compatibility with other well known models.

For Oki Microline 590 printer, it is mentioned:

Emulations IBM Graphics ProPrinter, Epson FXLQ Series.

http://www.superwarehouse.com/Okidata_Microline_590_Dot_Matrix_Printer/62409201/ps/60160

For Oki Microline 5590, it is mentioned:

Emulation: Epson LQ, Esc/P2, IBM ProPrinter X24/XL24.

http://southafrica.oki.com/printers/dot-matrix-printers/24-pin-sidm/detail.aspx?prodid=tcm:128-4209&tab=1

For Oki Miroline 390FB it is mentioned:

Emulation: IBM Proprinter X24 and Epson LQ

http://www.geizkragen.de/preisvergleich/pc-und-co/drucker/nadeldrucker/oki/oki-ml-390-fb/136124.html

I just checked Ubuntu 9.10, and found out there is a driver for Oki
ML380. I think this is too close with your ML390FB, and will probably
work.

Taking a look at Epson's drivers under Ubuntu 9.10, there are some Epson
LQ drivers, that may work with Oki ML5590, and Oki ML390FB.

--
Ioannis Vranos

C95 / C++03 Software Developer

http://www.cpp-software.net