An interesting behaviour in Lucid.....

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Thu Apr 15 12:45:01 UTC 2010

....which may also be the same in Karmic et alia but as I haven't run
them so I wouldn't know.

Today I put some applications on the Desktop before transferring them to
the (top) Panel.

When I tried to execute the apps. I had to *double-click* on the icon(s)
(while they were on the Desktop).

However, when the apps. were sitting in the Panel, a *single-click*
would execute the selected program.

And I cannot see anywhere where there is the ability to set the choice
of using either a single- or a double-click to start a program. (I
always use a single click but I know of many people who prefer to
double-click to open the application.)

BC