Lucid instal probs (more) corrrection

Karl Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 19:01:45 UTC 2010

On 04/12/2010 12:32 PM, Grizzly wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Well  now I've got all four .ISO's (Beta1&  Alt,  Beta2&  Alt) and still no joy
>

> getting it to install,
>
> Beta 1 installed but hung on the logo screen with five (static) red dots
> Beta 1 Alt Upgrade took 9+ hours and hung during the process
> Beta 2 Menu cycles thru the 5 second count down  no matter what menu option you
> choose
> Beta 2 Alt Upgrade took 8+ hours and gave an orange screen (I think it re-
> booted but not sure, done over night)
> Beta 2 Alt Upgrade took 6 ish hours but I sat and watched every dam minute, it
> then returned a "Sorry your upgrade failed" after the timer had passed no time
> left,  It was prosessing one of the Pyhton Triggers  just before the message
>
> My systen is not cutting edge so hardware should not be a prob
>
> AMD Athlon 2600XP
> 1gb Ram (2x512 PC2700)
> nVidia MX440
>
> 9.10 worked but would not install to my External USB Partition, it wanted to
> (and did) over write my existing data partition

         Not much to say. What you show for a computer should work but
it has a major problem of some sort. Do you have another computer to
check you cd-rom's in? I have 2 Lucid computers and it was very simple
using the LiveCD of Lucid. I really think your computer is at fault.
Maybe the CD reader is bad?

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI