Lucid instal probs (more) corrrection

Grizzly Real_Grizz_Adams at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 12 18:32:44 UTC 2010

Hi All

Well  now I've got all four .ISO's (Beta1 & Alt,  Beta2 & Alt) and still no joy

getting it to install,

Beta 1 installed but hung on the logo screen with five (static) red dots
Beta 1 Alt Upgrade took 9+ hours and hung during the process
Beta 2 Menu cycles thru the 5 second count down  no matter what menu option you
choose
Beta 2 Alt Upgrade took 8+ hours and gave an orange screen (I think it re-
booted but not sure, done over night)
Beta 2 Alt Upgrade took 6 ish hours but I sat and watched every dam minute, it
then returned a "Sorry your upgrade failed" after the timer had passed no time
left,  It was prosessing one of the Pyhton Triggers  just before the message

My systen is not cutting edge so hardware should not be a prob

AMD Athlon 2600XP
1gb Ram (2x512 PC2700)
nVidia MX440

9.10 worked but would not install to my External USB Partition, it wanted to
(and did) over write my existing data partition