Lucid Beta 2 doesn't see CD blanks

Li Li li2005lilly at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 15:14:43 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-04-13 at 00:52 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 13/04/10 00:41, Karl Larsen wrote:
> > On 04/12/2010 08:03 AM, Li Li wrote:
> >
> >> My Lucid beta 2 install (updated completely [I think] at about 1200 UTC
> >> Monday) doesn't detect known good CD or CD-RW blanks.  This computer
> >> dual boots Mint-8 and everything works perfectly well there.  In fact,
> >> that's where I made the CD I installed Lucid from.
<snip>

> For my money I don't really believe in doing an upgrade to get to a new
> release - be it a beta release or a final release. There could be just
> too many bits left over from the older installation to cause problems -
> just like the one in this thread.
>
> Secondly, contrary to popular belief I think it is prudent to reboot the
> computer to make sure that the latest files are read in to replace the
> ones sitting in RAM from the older version of the distro (beta or final).

Basil, Thanks for your reply.

This is a new install of the Lucid beta-2, updated today from the Lucid
sources so that everything is current, not an update from Karmic or
anything else.

Naturally, I've re-booted several times in the process of verifying that
CD writing works perfectly well in the Mint-8 installation on the same
machine.  Still doesn't work in Lucid; still works very well in
Mint-8.

Everything else works wonderfully in Lucid.  I just can't think of how
to troubleshoot this problem.

--
Lilly
godbless --everyone --no-exceptions