Location of main server for Ubuntu

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Thu Apr 8 12:12:32 UTC 2010

Being new to Ubuntu I don't know the answer to this question which would
have been asked and answered probably many times before:

in which part of the world is the main server located for Ubuntu releases?

I know that Canonical is a Europe based company, but where are the
servers located?

Reason for asking: when it is stated that Ubuntu Beta 2, say, is
scheduled for release on 8 April is this as per the date in Europe or
the date somewhere to the west of London? In a couple of hours here
(east coast of Australia) it will be 9 April and in 11 hours in London
it will also be 9 April but to the west it will still be 8 April......

(Is there a "usual" hour of the day when a release is available from the
main server? morning, around noon, evening...?)

BC