Location of main server for Ubuntu

Fred Roller fred at fwrgallery.com
Thu Apr 8 13:06:00 UTC 2010

On 04/08/2010 08:12 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
> Being new to Ubuntu I don't know the answer to this question which would
> have been asked and answered probably many times before:
>
> in which part of the world is the main server located for Ubuntu releases?
>
> I know that Canonical is a Europe based company, but where are the
> servers located?
>
> Reason for asking: when it is stated that Ubuntu Beta 2, say, is
> scheduled for release on 8 April is this as per the date in Europe or
> the date somewhere to the west of London? In a couple of hours here
> (east coast of Australia) it will be 9 April and in 11 hours in London
> it will also be 9 April but to the west it will still be 8 April......
>
> (Is there a "usual" hour of the day when a release is available from the
> main server? morning, around noon, evening...?)
>
> BC

Freezes normally happen at the start of the given date, UTC time.

     https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidReleaseSchedule
     http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Surmising they use UTC across the board.  Hope this helps.

--
Fred
www.fwrgallery.com

"Life is like linux, simple.  If you are fighting it you are doing something wrong."