Thunderbird - Missing Calendar

sdavmor sdavmor at systemstheory.net
Tue Apr 6 17:06:25 UTC 2010

On 04/06/2010 08:06 AM, NoOp wrote:
> On 04/06/2010 06:11 AM, Fred Roller wrote:
>> Lighning 1.0 beta1 from here
>>
>>       http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/
>>
>> does work with tb3, according to various comments around the web[1].
>> What I would like to know is:
>>
>>       1. Will Lightning 1.0 be added to the Ubuntu repositories by 29 April?
>>               In particular, for _64 architecture?
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lightning-sunbird/+bug/532232
> [Please update lightning extension to version 1.0 for use with
> Thunderbird 3]

There is a link at the bottom of the lightning extension page for the
64 bit plugin.  However when it is installed it tells me that:

Lightning 1.0b1 could not be installed because it is not compatible
with Firefox 3.6.3.

Looks like for now those of us that relied on Thunderbird calendar
plugin are in limbo for now.

I presume it will be fixed (and hopefully in the repositories) by the
time Lucid is officially released (April 29th).
http://mikedickson.org.uk