Grub 2 information

Karl Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 14:16:53 UTC 2010

     Grub1, the old original grub has just one file, /boot/grub/menu.lst
and any changes were done to this one file. This file is never rebuilt
by the system. This made it simple because there were instructions on
what to do right there in menu.lst.

     Grub2 has a large number of files at /etc/ and some you might want
to edit, and many others you know you should edit but do not because
there is no hints on what to do. In fact I may not have found all the
grub2 files. I found /boot/grub/grub.cfg but it is hidden in 20 or 30
other files! And now I understand you never want to edit grub.cfg and I
understand why.

73 Karl