Ubuntu Professionals Forum?

Siggy Brentrup ubuntu at psycho.i21k.de
Mon Sep 14 18:06:56 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 01:42 +0800, Chan Chung Hang Christopher wrote:

> >> Or he taught himself.
> >>

> > Hum... what from? Google search? what did Google index?
> >

> Ha! I was self-taught. Only took a RH300 course in all my various means
> to learn and understand Linux. The RH300 was in 2001. Started Linux in
> 1999. Have you heard of books?

Have you heard of source code? I started my unix career in a OS course
studying the source of unix release 6 at TU Berlin in 1980.

Call it professional-only or - as I prefer - advanced, IMHO we need
such a channel in order to reduce the noise by self-overestimating
'experts' who insist on commenting even if they don't fully
understand what the problem in question is.  I think this should be a
moderated, maybe even a invite-only list open to questions by anyone
but posting is restricted.  A team of moderators will decide which
questions are eligible.

Just a thought
  Siggy
--
O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail - www.asciiribbon.org+
|32 days until|bsb-at-psycho-dot-informationsanarchistik-dot-de|