Ubuntu Professionals Forum?

Chan Chung Hang Christopher christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Mon Sep 14 17:42:40 UTC 2009

>>> He became a "professional" (if he ever is) because someone
>>> taught him.
>>>
>> Or he taught himself.
>>

> Hum... what from? Google search? what did Google index?

Ha! I was self-taught. Only took a RH300 course in all my various means
to learn and understand Linux. The RH300 was in 2001. Started Linux in
1999. Have you heard of books?

>>> And now, he wants a "professional-only" community place?
>>>
>> So? Server stuff aren't for the typical user.
>>

> Typicall user use at least one server: Xorg.

You know what Odd meant.

>> And why don't we merge the supercomputer Linux lists
>> with this? One place for all, right? Do you see where I'm
>> going with this?
>>

> Topic based splits are OK for me.
> Knowledge level based splits are not.

Your rational? Do you try to run before you learn how to walk? Do you
feed solid food to a month old baby? Do you put little children through
material that is found in university courses or high school courses?