ubuntu or vista

David McNally david3333333 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 14:06:24 UTC 2009

Hi!

Ubuntu's definately not a downgrade. It does more and uses less power.

Here's how I began using Ubuntu: I used to use XP, and I installed Ubuntu to
dual-boot XP and Ubuntu. I started to use XP less and less and Ubuntu more
and more. Now it's the only OS I use.

I would suggest that you set up Ubuntu to dual-boot, and you can give up XP
when you're ready. Or never give it up. That way, you have no pressure to
stick to one, and if one has a problem, you can use the other.

David

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Gray Malkmus <nxtinventor at gmail.com> wrote:

>  i am using vista home premium 64x bit on a dell wih 4 gb of ram intel
> core 2 duo 2.53 ghz processer and a 256 mb ati mobility raedon card. would
> ubuntu be considered a downgrade?

David McNally
david3333333 at gmail.com
Linux Kernel 2.6.28-15-generic