[ubuntu users] How to get more work spaces--Question 1

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 03:05:45 UTC 2009

Ted Hilts wrote:
> I want to increase the workspaces on Ubuntu vs 8.04 (from 7 to 10 work
> spaces -- 7 has been set as the limit)

	What does Ubuntu vs 8.04 mean??

  as well as Ubuntu vs 9.04 (from 2
> to 5).  Apparently the manner of doing this is different on 8.04 than on
> 9.04 unless one uses the command line

	Where does the command line enter this strange email??

  which I tried unsuccessfully for
> 8.04.  A few weeks ago I stumbled on what was supposed to be the command
> line but it did not work and thereafter Ubuntu crashed and I lost the
> command line and by the time I got back to this problem I had fogotten
> where to dig up the command line.

	You usually get the command line ON EVERY VERSION of Ubuntu
by opening a Terminal Window, or, dropping to an early part of
init.

  I would prefer the command line
> approach as it gets away from GUI differences and Icon applications.
> For example 8.04 does not have the same approach as 9.04 which uses an
> Icon for certain management concerns whereas 8.04 does the same thing
> using pop up options.

	I have both 8.04 and 9.04 and see zero difference in the
basic way you use both versions. Did you have a little to much
to drink?

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI