Flash player doesn't show up in plugins...

Larry Shields larryesu at charter.net
Tue Sep 29 18:22:52 UTC 2009

Larry Shields wrote:
> *I have Firefox 3.5.3, now when I am at a website that requires flash it
> is telling me to install it...Well I have adobe-flashplugin 10.0.32.18-1
> installed, but it does not show up using about:plugins...Why...???
>
> Has anyone else had this problem...
>
> Thanks for any help one can offer...
>
> Larry
> *

*I did by accident delete the message to me concerning the above...
To answer his question, yes I do have the file libflashplayer.so in the
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/dir...

In the about:plugins it does not show swf 10.0.32 or anything mentioning
flash at all... What is installed is this:
DivX Web Player
Demo Print plugin for unix/linux
Cooliris
Icedtea java Web plugin
Skype Bottons for Kopete

That is all...

I do know that the file libflashplayer.so needs to be in the plugin
directory, and have copied it to that directory on other versions of
firefox...But this time it is not working for me...

Thanks for whom ever it was trying to help me out...

I will try to see what I can come up with or if someone has a good idea
of what's wrong...

Thanks Larry
*