WebCam Cannon powershot A520

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 27 20:20:51 UTC 2009

On 09/27/2009 12:53 PM, Chris Mohler wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 5:51 AM, Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Looks like you 2 have way more time that me to fix this. If you
>> need something please let me know. I will be watching!!!!
>
> Just booted an Fedora 11 live CD and it captured perfectly.  They
> are shipping version 2.4.5 of gphoto2.
>
> The ptp error I'm seeing is a timeout: no response from the camera.
> I'm not sure where to go from here - it seems like a Ubuntu-specific
> bug, but I have no idea who/what the culprit is.  Kernel, udev,
> hotplug - dunno.
>
> I have to give the camera back tomorrow - so I doubt I'll be any
> further help :(
>
> Chris

I can capture just fine with gphoto2 on the A75, and even preconfig
using 'gphoto2 --config' (has a very nice little utility for zoom,
image, etc); the only thing I haven't been able to do capture a video
(gphoto2 --capture-movie). Regarding ptpcam etc., found these:

http://libptp.sourceforge.net/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/libptp/files/
Others of interest:
http://petr.ucl.cas.cz/plant-growth/