WebCam Cannon powershot A520

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 27 22:04:50 UTC 2009

On 09/27/2009 02:51 AM, Knapp wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 4:33 AM, Chris Mohler <> wrote:
>> On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 9:17 PM, NoOp <> wrote:
>>> I think you mean libgphoto2?
>>
>> huh.  I will check tomorrow and see just where that binary came from :)
>>
>> It's in /usr/local - so perhaps it's part of the source, but not
>> provided in the .deb?  Just a guess at this point - I need to retrace
>> my steps...
>>
>> Chris
>
> Looks like you 2 have way more time that me to fix this. If you need
> something please let me know. I will be watching!!!!

OK. I just loaded the original A75 software in a Win2K VirtualBox VM and
now see the software that you are referring to (ZoomBrowser EX 4.6.1.35
- Remote Capture Task). That software does not allow you to capture
video, only still shots (perhaps newer versions for other models does).
It does however allow you to see what you are to capture by providing a
'viewfinder' viewer - (pretty nice BTW); you can move the camera about &
see on-screen what the camera is viewing.