ubuntu backup

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 08:33:25 UTC 2009

2009/9/23 freeburn <hossain at finder-lbs.com>:
> what is the best backup solution for ubuntu?

I don't know what's ”best”. Personally I wrote a script for doing
this, but that script probably won't do any good for others than
myself. The script use rsync in different ways depending what kind of
backup I selected (backup, clone, restore, sync). To select things I
use Xdialog, so both rsync and Xdialog must be installed to run the
script.

But if you're not into writing scripts, I guess some front end to
rsync or similar would do, as someone already suggested.

J.R.