Help

Dick Dowdell dick.dowdell at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 20:28:04 UTC 2009

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Andrew Farris <flyindragon1 at aol.com>wrote:

> On Sun, 2009-09-20 at 05:57 -0600, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> [snip]
> >     I think windows 98 is too old for wubi.
>
> I thought so too, till I checked the actual requirements:
>
> http://wubi-installer.org/faq.php#requirements
>
>         What platforms are supported?
>                Wubi will run on on all Windows versions from Windows 98
>                to Windows Vista except Windows ME. More platforms to
>                come soon. Linux/*nix/*BSD are supported through Lubi
>                (download location and guide), and Mac OSX will
>                eventually be supported through Mubi (developers still
>                needed).
>
> Interesting, no?
>
> --
> Andrew

A very serious problem with Windows 98 (SE) is that Microsoft ceased
providing security updates a long time ago and most anti-virus vendors
stopped supporting it as well.  If you are connected to the Internet with
that machine, you really owe it to the rest of us to stop using it.  If your
machine doesn't have the resources to run an up -to-date Microsoft OS, now
is your chance to do a native install (vs Wubi) of Ubuntu.  You won't want
to go back.