Printer connection failed after power outage

Barbara Tobias barbtobias09 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 17:06:30 UTC 2009

I recently purchased an HP wireless printer 6500 e709n and have been
using it quite happily with Ubuntu 9.04.  This morning we had a series
of power outages and now when I attempt to print a test page, it tells
me:
	Printer 'HP-Officejet-6500-e709n2' may not be connected.

However, we can print to this same printer on the same network with a
Windows PC.  I'm not sure where to look to try to fix it.  I'm wondering
if I need to remove the printer and reinstall.

Thanks.

	Barbara Tobias