S90 samples

Robert Spanjaard spamtrap at arumes.com
Fri Sep 18 19:53:28 UTC 2009

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 15:32:40 -0400, Michael.Coll-Barth wrote:

>> It seems like Canon's claims about the new sensor sensitivy are right.
>> The S90 samples certainly look a lot better than my S80 in low light.
>>
>> http://www.dpreview.com/gallery/canons90_preview/
>
> Does it work directly with Ubuntu?  In other words, does it get
> recognized as a USB device?  That would make it Ubuntu Related!  If you
> would rather contact off-list, that would be nice.  I am in the market
> for a new camera.

I don't know yet. My S80 is working fine as a USB mass storage device.
Ofcourse, Ubuntu offers to open F-Spot because "the media contains
digital photos". So I don't expect any problems with its successor.

If you're looking for a serious compact camera, and it's as good as the
first signs suggest, it's going to be great. However, don't expect
quality to come cheap though. The S80 was as expensive as an entry-level
SLR.

--
Regards, Robert                                      http://www.arumes.com