[Intrepid 8.10] vdekvm question

Didar Hossain didar.hossain at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 12:13:33 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am currently using Ubuntu 8.10 on my laptop. I have successfully
setup kvm guests with VDE virtual switch. I use `vdekvm' to start my
guests. I noticed that another `vdekvm' process is spawned which seems
to actually start the kvm guest. However, when the guest is shutdown,
the child process exits and the parent `vdekvm' process remains. I use
"pkill vdekvm" to kill the process.

I want to know if there is any other way the parent process can
automatically exit after the child process is done? I am hoping for
someone who has this similar setup to share some inputs.

Didar