Wireless connection on HP DV9000 laptop

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 12:14:55 UTC 2009

Nils Kassube wrote:
> MirJafar Ali wrote:
>> My only concern about the proposed solution is whether plugging
>> in/out has to be done everytime I need wifi on the laptop which has
>> windows too ?
>
> Probably you would need that procedure every time you have used Windows.
> But maybe you can avoid it:
> <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.user/194168>
>

> Nils

	Alas the Vista Control Panel does not contain the needed thing to start
your fix:

Control Panel>>System And Management>> Device manager>> Power
Management>> Find Network Adapter >> highlight Your Device >> Uncheck:
Allow this Computer to turn off this device to save power.

ciao
	oli

	The System And Management does not exist in Vista but there is a
Device Manager but no Power Management.

	I will root around in my Vista. I could care less about using Vista, as
it is the latest error in Microsoft development which Windows 7 which
might be one finished in 2007 is supposed to fix.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User