Problem In Installing Jaunty and Karmic

Andrew Farris flyindragon1 at aol.com
Sat Sep 12 18:20:05 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-09-12 at 18:40 +0100, Graham Todd wrote:
[snip]
> Send apic=debug report to whom?

Im not sure... kernel.org, maybe?

> I can boot with the 'noapic' option from the livecd, and it loads fine,
> but when I then try to install Ubuntu, I get the same message.  Anybody
> know what the problem is likely to be? Age of my laptop?
>
> Anyway, how do I get round this problem, so I can install Ubuntu on my
> laptop?

What do you mean you get the same message when you 'try to install
ubuntu'? does this mean that when you start the install this message
comes up, or after you install it refuses to boot with the same
message?

If the latter is the case, just edit your /boot/grub/menu.lst file and
append the boot line with noapic... something like this i'd imagine: