Folder just appeared in Evolution... didn't put it there, and it wouldnt let me delete it.

Jay Daniels tux at myt60.net
Fri Sep 11 23:27:16 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-11 at 18:07 -0500, Andrew Farris wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-09-11 at 18:38 -0400, Jay Daniels wrote:
> [snip]
> > Do you have a ~/.procmailrc ?
>
> No I do not... what is the .procmailrc file responsible for? Brief
> googling and my memory suggest some sort of mail filter, but I'm not
> quite sure.
>

> --
> Andrew
> _____________________________
> Registered Linux User: 473690
> Registered Ubuntu User: 22747

If you have saved a file named .procmailrc in your home directory, this
could explain it if you procmail installed which you may if you
installed some mail meta package.  Yes, procmail is an email filter and
can even create folders to sort messages...

If you had a file named .procmailrc in ~/ and such a recipe like the
following, that would creat the folders for the list and name them based
on the list name.

# generic ezmlm filter, comes before mailman otherwise mailman's filter
# will put everything into list.contact/
:0
* ^Mailing-list: contact .*; run by ezmlm
{
	LISTID=$MATCH

	:0
	* LISTID ?? ^ *\/[^@]*
	{
		LIST=$MATCH

		:0
		list/$MATCH-$LIST/
	}
}

Look at the dot or hidden files in your ~/

ls -la

If this is the case, that would explain the unknown folder.

jay