Looking for a program to capture you-tube style video

Mark C. Miller mr.mcmiller at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 19:42:03 UTC 2009

In my PC days, I used to use a program called save2mypc.  You would
specify the link to the video and it was from you tube (for example), it
would save the file to your local hard drive.  There were options to the
file type(mpeg, etc).  It was a very handy program for me as a classroom
teacher.

Now that I've left my pc days behind me, I discover I used that program
more than I thought.  I'd really like to find something in the Ubuntu
world that achieves the same end.  My searches led me nowhere.

Can anyone make a suggestion?

tnx

mcm

--