wireless on 9.04

Fred Roller froller at tnclimited.com
Thu Sep 10 13:05:53 UTC 2009

Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> [snip]
> 	My position is simple. If Ubuntu wants to get more people interested in
> using the system, they should not have to learn somehow a FIX so they
> can get wireless Internet working.
> karl
It's not a /fix/ it's a /function/.  I have a netbook with a separate
keyring password from my login because I work on several independent
networks for which I don't want to have to remember their passwords and
accept that the netbook is a physical security risk because of it's size.

On the flip side I have a laptop that I *don't* lug around with me
everywhere and have no need for the keyring so I *deactivate it* on
first boot by simply not providing a password.  NM is then free to
remember the couple of passwords for the given networks it works on.

"Life is like linux, simple.  If you are fighting it you are doing something wrong."