Initramfs and unable to run or load Ubuntu to my HD

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 10 00:14:02 UTC 2009

On 09/09/2009 11:50 AM, Ken Warwick wrote:
> When you get the busybox initramfs error, what *exactly* does the error
> message say?
> The message is as follows:
> [       4.0543420] I0 APIC resources could not be allocated.
>

> BusyBox v10.2 (Ubuntu 1:1.10.2-2ubuntu7) built-in shell (ash)
> Enter 'help' for a list of commands.
>
> )initramfs)

Do you still have the 8.10 CD that you initially used previously (per:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/80157)? Can you try that?
Also, you might give the Alternative CD a try instead of the liveCD
(8.04, 8.10, or 9.04). I'm not sure from your reply in the questions
that you tried the Alternate CD or not.
Note: I generally only use the Alternate CD as I've found the liveCD's
tend to have issues on some (particularly older) systems.

I see you've tried noapic, etc, etc. So not sure what else to suggest at
this point. Can you try a knoppix CD and see if that boots for you
without issue? See:
http://www.knoppix.org/