FW: Initramfs and unable to run or load Ubuntu to my HD

Andrew Farris flyindragon1 at aol.com
Wed Sep 9 03:50:03 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-08 at 19:20 -0700, Ken Warwick wrote:
> Hello Karl,
>
> My machine is:
> A PC Clone
> OS:None yet-I am trying to install Ubuntu 9:04 MB:Asus P3V133 RAM:1536M
> BIOS: Award Modular v6.0
> Proc:Intel Pentium IIIE, 700MHZ
> HD:Maxwell 250GB
> Video card: 3DBX VOODOO
> Monitor: Samsung 204T
> KB:Standard USA
> Mouse:P2
>
> I didn't try a new partition because my Ubuntu will not load and give me
> access to the partitioning tool.
> I did however try three different empty HDs.
> These 2 methods did not work.
>
> I downloaded the 32 bit Desktop VS of Ubuntu from the Ubuntu site.
> I used ISO Recorder to download it.
> The file name is:ubuntu-9.04-desktop-i386.iso
> After I did the checksum and it matched I just closed checksum.
>
> I have RAM:1536M
>
> I thought I had done everything you asked me to.
> Sorry if I missed something.

Did you try the "Check CD for Defects" menu option when booting the CD,
as my email suggested? If that finds errors, or refuses to start, then
your disk may have gone wonky when burning, and will have to be
re-burned, or your CD drive could be bad. I've had your problems happen
to me in both cases.

Either way, it's suggested that you burn your ISOs on the lowest
possible speed to ensure a good burn.

hope that helps

--
Andrew