touchpad problem

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 6 16:31:56 UTC 2009

2009/9/6 ashwin1711 <ashwin1711 at gmail.com>:

> Dear Derek,
>                   I am facing a problem with Ubuntu.I have downloaded 9.04
> and try to format with that but my keyboard doesnot work and when I inserted
> DVD in it then its not working.whta to do now..Last time I told you before
> problem..now already i have downloaded but its not working..do you have any
> idea.Could I make format from root or from setup

When you downloaded 9.04 you should have got a file with extension .iso
This is a CD image and must be burnt onto a CD (it must _not_ be a
DVD) as an image _not_ as a file.  Your CD burning software should be
able to do this.
Having burnt the CD plug it in and boot up, it should attempt to boot
off the CD.  If it does not then you may have to set the BIOS to look
at the CD drive when booting, this will be something like Boot Order
in the BIOS setup, make sure that CD drive is at the top of the list
otherwise it will boot off the hard disk.

If you have problems with the above please say at what stage it failed
and what happened.  Do not just say that it does not work.

Colin