touchpad problem

Jay Daniels tux at myt60.net
Sun Sep 6 17:16:24 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-09-06 at 17:31 +0100, Colin Law wrote:
> 2009/9/6 ashwin1711 <ashwin1711 at gmail.com>:
> >

> > Dear Derek,
> >                   I am facing a problem with Ubuntu.I have downloaded 9.04
> > and try to format with that but my keyboard doesnot work and when I inserted
> > DVD in it then its not working.whta to do now..Last time I told you before
> > problem..now already i have downloaded but its not working..do you have any
> > idea.Could I make format from root or from setup
>
> When you downloaded 9.04 you should have got a file with extension .iso
> This is a CD image and must be burnt onto a CD (it must _not_ be a
> DVD) as an image _not_ as a file.  Your CD burning software should be
> able to do this.
> Having burnt the CD plug it in and boot up, it should attempt to boot
> off the CD.  If it does not then you may have to set the BIOS to look
> at the CD drive when booting, this will be something like Boot Order
> in the BIOS setup, make sure that CD drive is at the top of the list
> otherwise it will boot off the hard disk.
>
> If you have problems with the above please say at what stage it failed
> and what happened.  Do not just say that it does not work.
>
> Colin

he burning this shit in windows or on his broken ubuntu install?

i suggest he get a copy of 9.04 from cheap linux cd site.

never seen someone have this much trouble installing linux.  hell, it
works on systems that xp or vista can't even find the hard drive.

can't get ubuntu to work, heck try slackware.

jay