Invisible Text & Trouble Shooting Wireless

Matthew A Coulliette matthewubuntu at cox.net
Sat Sep 5 11:40:53 UTC 2009

Hey Everyone,

I am using Ubuntu 9.04 on my laptop. It was working perfectly for over 6
months, however, recently 2 problems have crept up. I have been ignoring
them, but I can't ignore them any more.

1. My wireless has stopped working, however, the network manager seems
to work. All the wireless networks in the area show up and when I click
on one it tries and then times out.

2. Some of the text in the menus on my computer turn invisible, (maybe
white). Usually, it is the text in Gnome Panel or in Firefox.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.
MatthewMPP