printing issue

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sat Sep 5 06:35:16 UTC 2009

Haseeb ul Hasan wrote:
> I am using Ibex. I have a HP 1020 laser jet. When i connected it
> first, it installed like a charm but it wont print. It shows
> "completed" after a while when the print job is sent but it wont
> print. Doesn't give any error message either. Just shows completed in
> the printing window.

Maybe the hplip version for Intrepid is faulty like the one for Jaunty
and the printer driver isn't installed properly. First try the command

gksu hp-setup

in a terminal and find out if that program will download and install the
necessary proprietary driver. At the end of the download it should ask
for your agreement to the licence. If it doesn't ask, the hplip package
is faulty and you should download the latest version from [1]. Follow
the instructions on the download page to install the driver. At the end
of the installation it will call the hp-setup program automatically and
you should get the driver installed.

Nils

[1] <http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/models/laserjet/hp_laserjet_1020.html>