Linux: Silly hobby (Was: 9.10 UNR with AT&T 3G (was: PROBLEM SOLVED (was: THIS SUCKS! 3G problems)))

slowertraffickeepright at mail.com slowertraffickeepright at mail.com
Sat Oct 31 14:51:03 UTC 2009

Ok I have: amss.mbn apps.mbn qcserial.c as well as the Makefile for the last file. qcserial.c has the correct entry for my modem. I'm still confused what to do next. I'm SOOOO close, any help would be great!

Now, the silly part. I'm in XP right now. Everything works. Most (all?) the F.O.S.S. I need is availble in XP. Why do I even bother with Linux. Maybe if there was better "support" out there... maybe if I *needed* Linux to do what I need to do; I don't. Linux is a hobby. I love it, but maybe too much because learning Linux has been a distraction from things that actually make me $. I want to stick with Linux, but this 3G issue... XP works, Linux does not.