boot loader not installed

fyrbrds at netscape.net fyrbrds at netscape.net
Thu Oct 29 13:28:44 UTC 2009

 This is very strange behavior. Why would they code the installer this way? If it detects a SATA RAID, it goes through the install normally and then it happily reboots your system knowing full well that the new install will not boot. It does not configure a boot loader at all and doesn't give you any options. Who could possibly have thought that was a good idea? The install guides tell you how to configure a software raid but that won't work because the mappings are not there. Unless anyone else has an idea how to salvage this install, I will download the release version and take another stab at it. If that doesn't work it will be time to call this OS switch over a failure. :(