Cannon [Camera] Support

Mark C. Miller mr.mcmiller at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 20:11:01 UTC 2009

Is it just me, or does Canon not like Linus very much?  I have a computer
running Ubuntu 9.04.

I have a Cannon camera.

When I plug the camera into one of the usb ports, the camera" mounts and
I can maneuver to the files on the camera's memory (SD card).  I can't no
matter what I try to do, transfer the files to the Ubuntu computer's hard
drive.  I tried to "select all" -- didn't work.  Tried to move just one
file -- didn't work.  Tried to use fspot -- didn't work.

Moved the whole thing over to my windows computer.  Worked like a champ.
I could access the camera through "my computer" and use the Canon-
supplied software of course.

No I'm stuck with  pictures on my PC and my photo library on the Ubuntu
box.  I'll just burn the pics to CD and deal with it that way.

But what is it with Canon and Ubuntu?  I've had two canon printers that
wouldn't work on Ubuntu.  My HP printers work right out of the box; so
did a Brother.  The Canon I had to search all over the place for drivers
and never did find ones that worked.

I'd appreciate an education on Canon and Ubuntu. I'm not ready to start
bad-mouthing Canon, but am really close.

tnx

mcm

--
Mark C. Miller, Indianapolis Indiana USA