Ubuntu SELinux status.

christopher.lemire at gmail.com christopher.lemire at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 05:47:16 UTC 2009

I tried selinuxtroubleshooter, did not work. I solved problem #1 and got a little further and ran into problem #2. Then I said forget it, I don't have time to make all the nice things of selinux work in Ubuntu. My SELinux is still running and if I edit the kernel params from the grub menu to not boot with SELinux, my computers beep speakers turn into a boombox while Ubuntu and my vanilla kernel boot up. Maybe its that I put selinux directly into kernel rather than modulizing it. My kernel is unpatched. I only have a few modules that are patched like the ones from aircrack-ng  for ensuring the security is tight on my own network which it is. The article made a false statement and a dumb question. Why would anyone want to use SELinux when there's apparmor it said. Simple answer, it's no Security Enhanced Linux. I can elaborate more. It said selinuxtroubleshooter not available. False, its available in a broken state. What's new to me is that selinux has been available since 8.04 and its still in a broken state :(  Too many non power users switching from windows and not enough demand for it.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile