Text editor recommendations

Andrew Farris flyindragon1 at aol.com
Wed Oct 21 08:21:09 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-21 at 10:10 +0200, Knapp wrote:
>  You can also run notepad in wine.

Actually, wine ships with it's own clone of notepad (at least it has
recently... adding itself to all my open-with menus annoyingly...)

Running "wine notepad" in a terminal would bring it up (provided you had
wine installed), but thats a pretty hefty resource allocation just to
run a text editor, imho.

If the need for a basic notepad-like text editor is that big of an
issue, I wrote a super basic (almost notepad-ish) text editor in ~300
lines of python with a nice glade frontend following a tutorial online,
trying to figure out how to use pygtk/glade. I'd be more than happy to
share :)

--
Andrew