finding the repositories for 9.10 so that I can put them in /etc/apt/sources.list for an upgrade

Amedee Van Gasse (ub) amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Tue Oct 20 22:21:06 UTC 2009

On Tue, October 20, 2009 23:11, Scott Berry wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I am having trouble reading the update-manager screen when I try to
> update to Ubuntu 9.10.    I would like to have a link where I can look
> at a list of the repos for Ubuntu 9.10 so that I can put them in to the
> sources.list.  thanks much.

If you want to upgrade and update-manager does not work, do the following:

* go to a console
* type the following:

sudo pkill update-manager
sudo do-release-upgrade -d

The first command will terminate any instances of update-manager that are
still running.
The second command will first calculate what has to be changed for the
upgrade. It will show you what it will install, upgrade and remove. If you
don't like what it is doing, it will revert any changes to sources.list.

If you need more help, put your sources.list online.