Feedback on xvideo-xorg-driver-intel wanted

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 00:08:11 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 6:41 AM, David Fox <dfox94085 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 4:32 PM, David Fox <dfox94085 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The reason I'm basically posting here is because lately I've had way
>> too many freezes on my system, to the point of it being unusable for
>> production work.
>
> Followup: doing the upgrade to karmic seems to have solved the problem
> as far as stability although it is really too soon to come up with a

Update - almost a week, and 100% stability. The only issue remaining
is that some software such as Stellarium may freeze X, only recourse
is a "three finger salute".

Of course this shouldn't happen, but is possible because the drivers
(and of course Ubuntu) are still in flux, and so is the application in
question. Things change over time, and I'll of course address the
stellarium issue elsewhere.

Still good. Sluggish at times, especially on an onboard (motherboard)
video setup, especially 720p video in fullsrceen with mplayer at
near-HD resolution (21" Panasync Pro currently. Nice setup, but
possibly am asking too much. Of course I can't afford a brand spanking
new nvidia card either :),.

--
thanks for letting me change the magnetic patterns on your hard disk.