Brasero won't copy a CD

Graham Watkins shellycat.gw at ntlworld.com
Thu Oct 15 20:11:04 UTC 2009

Tab Gilbert wrote:
> GnomeBaker
>
> Style wise it is very similar to Brasero.
Thanks for this and other suggestions.  However,  Gnomebaker gives a
similar message to Brasero so it's looking like this is a system/codecs
issue.  I'm surprised that the files on the cd are actually shown as
wavs - they never used to be.

The good news is that I was able to create 320 kbps mp3s and burn those
to a cd using Brasero.  Of course, flacs would be better  (no loss of
quality).  What program would create those?

The other question that intrigues me - am I the only one here not able
to copy audio cds in the conventional manner?

Cheers,

Graham