Partition works ok...but now wireless internet

mdovell at comcast.net mdovell at comcast.net
Thu Oct 15 14:44:34 UTC 2009

Yeah I know full of questions. Basically I set aside 30 gigs for ubuntu and so far so good. I was just wondering if there is some other software for the wireless internet. At my campus we have one of the largest wifi areas of the state (doesn't mean its the fastest just that it's widespread). I can get online with windows with no problem. With ubuntu it doesn't seem to be that simple. There's a cisco program that is being used that has support for windows (xp/vista), apple (macs) and iphones. I just get the feeling on this one it isn't so much the hardware but the software. It's a Intel pro/wireless 3945abg network. Within windows it has some more advanced settings with power and range. Wired internet is no problem at all it's not even a few seconds its that fast. He re's some of what the settings seem to be.

WPA2 authorization

EAS encryption

Protected type EAP-mschave 2 I just think something is a bit up given the the differences in performance and yet there's no difference in hardware.