HELP ME I'm stuck in Windows!!!

Andrew Farris flyindragon1 at aol.com
Tue Oct 13 07:45:28 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-13 at 00:01 -0700, Michael White wrote:
>         Second I would be happy to supply more information. Yes I do
>         have a live CD and I don't know what grub 2 is so no I don't
>         think I have converted it.
>
>         Not trying to sound like an ass but it is up there.

Since you're still using Grub-legacy (ubuntu 9.10 Karmic is defaulting
to grub2), then my recommendation is do download a copy of super grub
disk (here:
http://download.linux-live-cd.org/Super_Grub_Disk/download/binaries/sgd/cdrom/sgd_0.9598.iso)
burn it, and boot from it as though it were a liveCD. From that point is
simply a matter of navigating through some prompts. You will want an
option called "Fix boot of linux" that would be found either under the
'Linux' sub-menu, or "boot and tools" submenu... you'll see what I'm
talking about when you use it.

Hope that helps!

--
Andrew