Ubuntu and Magic Jack

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 06:51:33 UTC 2009

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 10:52 PM, Patton Echols <p.echols at comcast.net> wrote:

> Actually, the virtualbox site also has a repository for "debian based
> Linux distributions." WFM

Sure, but if it's in the Ubuntu repositories, that's a lot better than
going elsewhere. Being able to keep a package tracked through upgrades
has it's advantages. But if it's trackable in sources.list, that's OK
too. Otherwise you lose the advantage of having all that, which turns
into a Major Big Headache.

I just did an upgrade to karmic to solve an unrelated issue. I got
virtualbox 3.0.6 and I didn't even have to do any installation. Of
course, I am running the ose version and that works for me too. And it
compiled the source for free too. You couldn't ask for a clleaner way
to do it.

I don't expect everything to work after a Ubuntu dist upgrade, and a
few after care things will likely need to be done.

--
thanks for letting me change the magnetic patterns on your hard disk.