Update to9 9.04

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 06:44:52 UTC 2009

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Leonard Chatagnier
<lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Some say 32 bit on a 64 bit machine works better.  I use 64 bit all the time now, since hardy.  You might want to consider that 64 bit operations are the thing of the future at least until they change the processor again.  So you might want to become familiar with it.  The directory structure is quite different from 32 bit. FWIW, and you have the best help here on the list.

As do I. The few things that re 32 bit only aren't that big of a deal
(at least in my experience) to get to work, and that's only so because
of licensing restrictions of course. Sometimes using a native
replacement isn't always the best solution.]

Since a few hours I am on Karmic, by the way. The upgrade went
smoothly, but of course will do some manual cleanup. Still not tested
well enough as far as video driver stablity, which for me was #1
reason to switch. :(

I should be back in better state in a few days. :)

--
thanks for letting me change the magnetic patterns on your hard disk.